0.6FTE Casual Contract to 30 June 2020
Are you a dynamic and community-minded general practitioner? Are you looking for a collaborative role genuinely tasked with driving positive change and improving health outcomes across the acute/primary care sector?
About the GPIU:
The General Practice Integration Unit (GPIU) is a joint collaboration between Adelaide PHN, and the Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (SALHN) and is located in the Southern metropolitan region.
The GPIU is tasked with improving the care of patients with chronic conditions by facilitating and strengthening collaboration, communication and integration between general practice and the southern regional public hospitals.
About the role:
As part of the establishment of the GPIU, Adelaide PHN is seeking a professional, motivated and enthusiastic candidate for the position of General Practitioner Integration Officer (GPIO). The successful applicant must be a currently practicing general practitioner with experience leading and managing a team to achieve outcomes across the acute/primary care sector.
The GPIO role will involve:
- Engagement and relationship building between the SALHN clinicians and general practice in the Adelaide southern region
- Working with General Practitioners to improve the quality of clinical handover from the community to the SALHN
- Working with the SALHN inpatient services to improve the quality and timeliness of clinical handover on discharge back to the community
- Contributing to the SALHN outpatient reform process
- Contributing to newsletters and other forms of communication
At a minimum, the successful candidate must have a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of chronic condition management in the primary care setting and of administrative policies and practices of a large public hospital.
You must also be passionate about and committed to driving positive change throughout primary care and improving health outcomes.
This work will be situated in the GPIU and will be based initially within Flinders Medical Centre working across the Southern metropolitan region. The GPIU team will also include a Unit Manager and administrative support and will commence in August 2019.
In return for your innovative thinking and commitment, you will receive a competitive salary, commensurate with your skills and experience, plus generous salary packaging options, which will significantly boost your overall package.
Additionally, you will enjoy great work-life balance working within a flexible work environment and with an energetic, friendly and highly supportive team!
Because this is all about YOU - we have put OUR information last! Adelaide Primary Health Network (Adelaide PHN) is an independent, not for profit, primary health care organisation. We aim to improve the health and wellbeing of the Adelaide community by coordinating and integrating health and community services and by working in partnership to identify local needs and create strategies in response to keeping people well and out of hospital.
- Please read and consider the position description (see attached J&P under more information)
- Email your resume and a short (1-2 page) cover letter in response to the essential minimum capabilities and desirable characteristics, and describing your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to discuss the position, please call 8219 5900 or email email@example.com
Applications close 12noon Monday 9 September 2019.
Adelaide PHN Vacancy
Mon, 09 September , 2019 - 5:57
Phone: 8219 5900