Part Time (ongoing subject to funding)
Are you a Mental Health Clinician with experience in psychological therapies and clinical triage? Would you like a fast moving, exciting opportunity for 3 days per week working on a part time basis?
An exciting opportunity is available for a part time Clinical Triage Officer to become an integral member of our team at Adelaide Primary Health Network (Adelaide PHN) Central Referral Unit (CRU), the pathway into our primary mental health care services.
Our Clinical Triage Officers contribute to improving access to and quality of primary mental health services in our region by providing the important link between general practice/stakeholders and mental health providers, and support the strategic direction of the Adelaide PHN by:
Providing mental health expertise and advice to ensure commissioned service delivery outcomes are achieved;
- Working closely with the CRU System Support Officers reviewing all referrals for primary mental health care services received by the Adelaide PHN through its CRU;
- Clinically triaging and allocating referrals to the most appropriate commissioned service provider (CSP) (or other relevant service);
- Liaising with referring practitioner or referral source to assess the risk and appropriate service allocation as required; and
- Supporting the planning, development, implementation and review of policies and processes to enhance commissioned service delivery.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team in which you can expect to be excited, challenged, stretched and work daily towards achieving better outcomes and experience for our Adelaide metropolitan community!
Clinical experience and relevant tertiary qualifications are essential, as is experience in clinical assessment and triage.
An understanding of mental health services in a community setting and the barriers and challenges to achieving good health outcomes need to be demonstrable, as does knowledge of evidence based psychological therapy and an extensive understanding of mental health services at a regional level. Demonstrated ability using a person and family centred model of care and recovery focussed approach, as well as an understanding of a stepped care approach to service delivery are all essential.
You are able to identify problems, challenges and barriers, also known as opportunities, and come up with potential solutions to overcome them. If the mountain won’t move – you will find a way – you enjoy a challenge and finding solutions!!!
In return, we commit to ensuring you have a great work-life balance, enjoy your everyday work life, have fabulous and supportive colleagues, get to stretch your ability, experience the fun and supportive work family we offer AND receive a competitive salary, commensurate with your demonstrated skills and experience (alongside potential for generous salary packaging options, which enhances your net take home!).
You may have had experience in previous roles such as: Triage Officer, Mental Health Clinician, Social Worker, Psychologist, Mental Health Nurse, Mental Health Worker, Intake and Assessment Clinician, Mental Health Intake Clinician, Mental Health Specialist, Access Clinician, Intake Officer.
Because this is all about YOU – we have put OUR information last! Adelaide PHN is an independent, not for profit, primary health care organisation based in Adelaide. We aim to improve the health and wellbeing of the Adelaide community by coordinating and integrating health and community services and by working in partnership to identify local needs and create strategies in response to keep people well and out of hospital; improving their experience AND their health outcomes.
- Please read and consider the attached position description
- Email your resume and a short (1-2 page) cover letter in response to the essential minimum capabilities and desirable characteristics, and describing your interest in the role to email@example.com
- If you would like to discuss the position, please call 8219 5900
Please note that due to the immediacy of this vacancy, early applications are encouraged and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for interview as applications are received.
Applications close 12 noon Thursday 20 May 2021.
Adelaide PHN Vacancy
Phone: 8219 5900