The Reality Of Schizophrenia
Thursday, 26 April 2018 - Thursday, 26 April 2018
Time: 6:00PM - 8:30PM
Venue: Sage Hotel, 208 South Terrace, Adelaide
During this even the learning outcomes are:
- Discuss the concept of schizophrenia from a biological, psychological and social perspective as well as the psychiatric diagnostic classification systems, their utility and their limitations.
- Outline the schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders in DSM V.
- Develop familiarity with the management of schizophrenia, the evidence base, treatment algorithims and pragmatic approaches to managing the person in front of you.
- Identify factors regarding safety for patients, staff and others in schizophrenia.
- Discuss the benefits of involvement of a psychiatrist or a community mental health team in the management of a person with schizophrenia.
Suitable for GP's, Nurses & Allied Health Professionals
This is a free event